Food: Scalloped Shepherd's Pie

Leave a Comment
If Shepherd's pie and scalloped potatoes got together and had a baby it would be this fantastically yummy dish. I was experimenting in the kitchen like I do sometimes...ok, a lo of the time, when I came up with this delicious gem. Let me tell you about it.


This dish was a hit with all of the boys including the hubby and I will definitely be making it again. It was fairly healthy to make and was also retry simple to accomplish.


For this dish you will need the following:

  • Milk (I used almond milk)
  • Potatoes (I used Yukon Gold)
  • Reduced Fat Cheddar
  • Garlic
  • Ground Beef (lean)
  • Frozen corn
  • Oregano
  • Salt
  • Pepper


To prepare preheat your oven to 425. While that's heating season your beef with the oregano, salt and pepper and brown. Chop your potatoes into discs and layer then into the bottom of a bacon pan. In a separate pan add the milk and some of the cheddar to make a cheese sauce. Once the beef is browned, drain it and add a layer to your potatoes. Top with a layer of corn and pour some of the cheese sauce on. Repeat the layering process. On top sprinkle some shredded cheese and a bit of oregano and pop it in the oven.


I served mine with a bit of avocado which was delicious. Enjoy!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin