Triple F: Crazy for Coconut Oil

Leave a Comment

Everywhere I turn these days I see, taste and smell coconut oil! Why you ask? I'll tell you why, Coconut Oil has made its way to the forefront in mainstream fitness, dining, and hair and body care. This oil has so many great properties that you'll soon find a need to have a jar in your kitchen for cooking, one in your bathroom for moisturizing and oil pulling and one at your vanity to keep you hair shiny and soft.

The health benefits seem to be endless so why not give it a try? It's organic, pure and good for you...what are you waiting for?



 Coconut Oil for Skin and Hair

I've been using Coconut Oil on my hair and skin the longest and I must say that it is super moisturizing without being oily and it smells great too. It's great for shine and as a natural moisturizer for your hair. As far as the skin goes who doesn't love soft supple skin?

Try using Coconut Oil as an alternative to commercial moisturizers as some of them contain lots of water, which makes you feel like your skin is being moisturized. But as soon as the water dries, your skin becomes dry again. Coconut oil provides deep and real moisture. It helps strengthen underlying tissues and helps remove excessive dead cell on the skin's surface that makes your skin rough and flaky in texture or ashy as we say in my house.



 

Oil Pulling

Just recently the hubby and I tried oil pulling to see what that was all about. Oil pulling is basically detoxifying your body through pulling the toxins and bacteria from your system through your gums and salivary glands. At first it was a little odd to have a mouth full of oil but the benefits far outweigh the oddities of this ancient holistic healing technique. Some of the benefits that people are seeing are things like better sleep, renewed energy, whiter teeth, fresher breath, and sinus relief just to name a few.


Coconut Oil in the Kitchen

Up until this past year my favorite cooking oil was EVOO but as of late the Coconut Oil has taken over. I love the slightly sweet and coconutty taste that it adds to certain foods that I prepare, especially sweet potatoes. If you want to give cooking with coconut oil a try pick up some today and check out some of my ideas to get started.

Follow Keesha's board Crazy for Coconut Oil! on Pinterest.